To use ION TITANIUM properly on brassy hair, you must follow some previous steps:
- Step 1: assess whether Ion Titanium is the best choice for your brassy hair. I’ll tell you how to do it.
- Step 2: Determine whether you want gray or ashy hair. It’ll depend on your bleach level.
- Step 3: State the intensity of your desired gray. And I’ll tell you how to do it too.
- Step 4: Before applying the dye, shampoo your hair and don’t apply any conditioner.
- Step 5: Leave the dye on your brassy hair according to the intensity of gray you want to achieve. I’ll tell you how to apply the Ion Titanium hair dye from the start like a real PRO.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I use grey dye on brassy hair?
Do you want to apply the Ion Titanium dye on your brassy hair?
Of course, you’ll be able to do it, but first, you’ll have to follow a few simple steps to get the color you want.
Otherwise, your dreams may be shattered into a thousand pieces.
In hairdressing, there’s a fine line between what we want and what we can achieve. And when that fragile line is crossed without having proper training, the results may not be what you expect.
Do you know what I hear most often in the salon?
“Alejandra, when I applied the dye (be it Ion Titanium or any other), I wanted to achieve this, but I don’t understand what happened.
People usually don’t know whether the dye they have is the right one for their hair. I need to warn you.You won’t achieve the same result by applying Ion Titanium on dark or light brassy hair.
And then come the disappointments.
However, that is what I’m here for. Today, we’ll find out if Ion Titanium is the best alternative for your brassy hair. I’ll also show you how to apply it properly.
Are you ready? Let’s get into it!
Tabla de Contenidos
Step 1: Are you sure that ION TITANIUM is the best choice for your brassy hair?
You should be realistic. You have several options to get rid of the brassy tones that appear after bleaching:
- Apply a dye, which can be Ion Titanium.
- Use a blue shampoo.
- Opt for a toner.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Toner vs. Hair Dye: a hairdresser tells you all the differences so you know which one to choose
The first two options will give you less durable solutions. So, you’ll need to care more for maintenance.
Because Ion Titanium is a semi-permanent hair color that gradually fades with washes. According to the manufacturer, it can last up to 10 washes.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How long does semi-permanent hair dye last on bleached hair? It depends on 3 factors
The dye will last up to ten washes if you wash your hair less frequently and use sulfate-free products.
Blue shampoo, on the other hand, also fades with washes. If you stop using it, your hair will be brassy again.
Toner, on the other hand, will last longer because it’s applied with a developer. Therefore, it penetrates the hair and deposits pigments that neutralize the brassy shades.
But if you bleached your hair and it’s weak or brittle, the toner will damage it even more.
So, what is my advice?
- If your hair is healthy and you want longer-lasting results to remove brassy tones, your best option is probably a toner.
- Alternatively, if your hair is brittle or damaged, you can apply Ion Titanium.
In short, step 1 has to do with how convenient it is to apply Ion Titanium on brassy hair according to your hair health.
Now, let’s move on to the next step.
Step 2: What color do you want to achieve on your brassy hair after applying Ion Titanium?
In this case, you should be able to clearly identify the difference between gray hair and ashy hair.
Most people go by the fancy names of products. So, if the name of a given hair color is Ion Titanium, they immediately associate “Titanium” with “titanium color.” So, they infer that it’s “steel gray.”
Such associations are dangerous in colorimetry.When you apply ION TITANIUM on your brassy hair, it won’t always be gray.
What do I mean?
Ion Titanium is a semi-permanent hair color. So, you need to start from your base color to know whether it’ll turn your brassy hair gray.
Yes, I know your hair is currently brassy. But brassy tones can appear at various bleaching levels.
So, Titanium Ion will leave your hair gray if you apply it on light brassy hair. Therefore:
- If you apply Ion Titanium to light blonde 8 or very light blonde 9, your brassy hair will be gray.
- But, if you apply Ion Titanium to blonde 7 or dark blonde 6, your brassy hair will be ashy.
In both cases, Ion Titanium will neutralize the brassiness in your hair because it contains blue pigments and violet undertones. But as you can see, the results may be slightly different according to your bleaching level.
Step 3: What intensity of gray do you want to achieve after applying Ion Titanium to your orange hair?
I think this is fantastic. Ion Titanium allows you to go from brassy to light or dark gray hair.
You only have to leave the dye in your hair for a shorter or longer period of time.
- If you want light titanium, leave it for 20 minutes.
- Or, if you want to reach a medium titanium shade, leave it for 30 minutes.
- Finally, if you’re looking for a dark titanium color, leave it on for 40 minutes.
Step 4: Only shampoo your hair before applying Ion Titanium
Your hair should be thoroughly clean.
Don’t forget that since Ion Titanium is a semi-permanent hair dye, it’s deposited on the outermost layer of the hair as if it were a film of color.
Therefore, any residue of hair product or environmental dust will prevent the dye from depositing evenly.
So, wash your hair with shampoo, but don’t apply conditioner. Otherwise, the dye won’t set in the hair cuticles.
After washing your hair, remove excess water gently with a towel and blow-dry your hair on low heat.
Your hair should be dry before applying Ion Titanium.
Step 5: How to apply Titanium Ion on brassy hair
What do you need?
- Titanium Ion Dye
- Hair clips
- Shower cap or thermal cap
How to do it:
- Comb your hair dry and clean.
- Divide your hair into four sections to evenly distribute the dye. I recommend dividing it into four sections. Hold each section with clips.
- Remember to wear gloves because the semi-permanent hair dye stains everything it touches.
- Start the application from roots to ends and use a comb to distribute the dye evenly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave the dye on for 20 to 40 minutes according to the intensity of gray you want.
- Rinse your hair with cold water. Don’t use shampoo. You can apply a small amount of conditioner only on the lengths. Rinse and blow-dry your hair.
- Let it air dry.
Ion Titanium can be an excellent alternative for brassy hair. However, you need to be able to identify your bleaching level if you want deep gray hair.
In that case, your hair will need a light brassy base.