- Anyone can look really good with a pixie cut. The important thing is that you have confidence in your appearance.
- Also, the secret is to choose the pixie-cut style that best suits your face shape. The real trick is to decide the length. I’ll show you how to find the right pixie cut for you.
- It’s also important to keep in mind that you’ll need to go back to the salon every three weeks to maintain the shape. In addition, go back to the salon to avoid your head from looking like a bunch of scruffy hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED: Does longer hair make you look shorter? – 3 Haircuts to Style Your Body Image
The pixie cut will always be for you if you are looking for a practical and expressive cut that perfectly frames your face and highlights your cheekbones.
Also, against all myths, pixie cuts are really versatile. You can style your hair in different ways if you use gels, mousses and other styling products.
Before I tell you which pixie style is best for your face shape, let me ask you a few questions:
- Do you suspect for a moment that this style of hair cut will make you look less feminine?
- Do you have self-esteem issues?
- Are you willing to forget about playing with different hairstyles, such as ponytails or braids, for at least a few months?
- Do you feel that your long hair is part of your personality?
- Are you one of those women whose confidence is defined more by her personality than by her looks?
- Are you ready for a change, so important in your life, that it may even cause you not to recognize yourself in the mirror during the first days?
]If you suspect that the pixie will make you look less feminine or if you feel that your long hair is part of your personality, my best advice is not to choose a pixie cut for the time being.
Once you cut your hair, it will take at least six months to grow, and you will not be able to live fully and joyfully all that this cut has to give you.
Now, if you are willing to forget about ponytails and braids, if you have the personality that is defined firstly by your actions and, then, by your appearance and [your_highlight background=”#ffb5e8″]if you are not afraid of abrupt changes, the pixie cut is for you, without a doubt.[/your_highlight]
All you have to do is find the pixie-cut style that best suits the shape of your face, so that it highlights your strengths rather than your weaknesses.
So, without wasting any more time, stay with me, because I’ll tell you:
- How to choose the pixie cutting style according to the shape of the face
- -Some tips for a correct maintenance of the pixie cut
Have you ever heard of Coco Chanel?
This fashion designer, one of the most influential persons of the 20th century, once said, “a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” Are you one of those women?
Tabla de Contenidos
- How to choose the pixie cutting style according to the shape of your face
- Other things to consider when choosing a pixie cut
How to choose the pixie cutting style according to the shape of your face
If you’re willing to maintain the shape of your pixie cut by visiting your stylist every three months, let’s move on to the most important thing, which is deciding which pixie cut style is right for you, taking into account the shape of your face.
Pixie cut for oval faces.
If you have this face shape, any pixie style will look good, as your features are balanced. You can choose a super short pixie, even with a small fringe, or some looser, messier strands.
Basically, you’re one of the lucky ones, because any short haircut will look good on you.
Pixie cut for long faces.
In this case, I recommend you to reduce the volume of the pixie cut on the top of the head. Basically, you should reduce everything that adds volume.
You can choose a pixie cut with some longer strands in the fringe, reaching the eyebrows, which will give the illusion of a smaller forehead and balance the characteristics of your face.
Pixie cut for heart-shaped faces.
In this case, the idea is that the pixie cut will bring out your cheekbones. How do you do that?
With a pixie cut with some longer strands on the sides, and leaving the length of the back of your head as short as possible, so you can create a good balance.
Pixie cut for round faces.
A pixie cut can make your face look longer, rather than round.
In this case, you should add some volume to the top, while keeping the length of the sides. You can also add some movement to your hair, with a few short strands, or by playing with a bold asymmetry.
Pixie cut for square faces.
In this case, the pixie cut should blur the angular lines of your face. Dare to play with the different lengths in some locks and, then, try different hairstyles with waves.
Pixie cut for diamond-shaped faces.
This is one of the most interesting shapes because, in addition to having an angular structure, the chin is thinner and more pointed.
To create an effect of natural balance of the features, you should highlight your cheekbones, while playing with the lines of your face. Therefore, in this case, it is best to encourage an asymmetrical and layered pixie cut, as this will add volume to the top, while blurring the lines on the sides.
You can also choose to play with different lengths, which will help break up the strong contours of your face.
Other things to consider when choosing a pixie cut
Once you know which pixie-cutting style is right for you, it’s time to tackle other issues.
For example, the hairstyle. Although short hair is practical and can save you many hours of styling, there’s also another reality, which is hair texture.
- Do you have thick, curly or frizz-prone hair?
If the answer is yes, don’t be discouraged. It doesn’t mean a pixie cut isn’t for you, but you should be prepared to work harder on your hair to get the style you want.
If your hair is unruly or very frizzy, you may want to get a keratin treatment first to make it easier to style.
- Are you willing to visit the salon every three months?
- Oh, I forgot! Your deciding on a pixie cut must also cover your make-up. Why? Because a pixie cut will draw all eyes to your face.
So, you should keep your skin smooth and not too shiny, with a uniform, matte complexion. Then, instead of a moisturizer for the face, you should use a mattifying cream, which will hide all the imperfections of the skin.
It is also a good idea to avoid exaggerated shadows on your eyelids and to choose deeper eye liner.
As for the lips, they can also gain importance. Play with orange, coral and red tones, which will definitely attract all eyes.
- Wearing short hair with a pixie cut is not for everyone. Basically, because it’s one of the boldest cuts around, and your personality plays a big part in that.
- The good news is that you can find a pixie hairstyle that favors the shape of your face, whether it’s long, round, diamond-shaped or heart-shaped.
- Once you make the first step, that is, you make the decision, look for pictures with the styles you like the most, find a stylist who understands your wishes perfectly and commit yourself to maintenance.
After all, the world is for the boldest, don’t you think?