- Olaplex repairs the hair from the first application. Depending on your hair fiber damage, the treatment can take up to two weeks to work.
- The time to leave it on your hair will depend on the Olaplex step you use. For example, Olaplex 3 is left on the hair for up to 120 minutes. In turn, Olaplex 1 is left on for 60 minutes.
- What you can be sure of is that you’ll notice the effects of Olaplex from the very first application.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does Olaplex really cause hair loss and breakage?
The truth is that “plex” hair products are fashionable. Without a doubt, Olaplex is the king. It’s a hair restructurer that recovers the hair fiber damage.It works from the first application.
Still, I have to be honest. The reply to the question “how long does it take for Olaplex to work?” is not very simple.
I don’t know which of the Olaplex steps you have applied to your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can Olaplex fix gummy and damaged hair? How long does it take?
What I can assure you is that if you apply Olaplex 1 and Olaplex 2, both in a bleaching and coloring process, you’ll notice the effect in the first application.
The hair fully recovers from damage caused by bleaching, excessive hair dyes, and heat tools due to its reconstructive capacity.
Tabla de Contenidos
Olaplex works on the hair from the first application. Do you know why?
Olaplex rebuilds the bonds that bind the keratin in the hair fiber. They break during chemical and thermal processes. Olaplex actually restructures the hair’s DNA repairing the hair fiber from inside out.
For this reason, its effects are noticeable from the first application. It eliminates the hair damage produced over the years.It repairs the damage instantly. It’s possible to notice changes in the hair from the first application.
The hair change starts with the salon application of steps 1 and 2. If you add a beauty routine with Olaplex 3 up to twice a week, your hair will definitely be as good as new.
How to make the effects of Olaplex last longer?
Olaplex has immediate effects on the hair. In other words, an in-salon application of steps 1 and 2 will restore your hair.
If you color or bleach your hair afterward, obviously, the Olaplex effect will disappear. Again, you’ll be breaking the keratin bonds by the action of the chemicals.
Can you extend the effects of Olaplex 1 and Olaplex 2?
You should use Olaplex 3 once a week and leave it on your hair for up to 120 minutes. You have to use each Olaplex step correctly. That’s what I’ll talk about next.
How to apply Olaplex correctly
Olaplex has eight application steps. Some of them are for professional use only. But, as the product became revolutionary, the manufacturer decided to launch a line for home application to maintain the repairing treatment for a longer time.
- Olaplex 0, Olaplex 1, and Olaplex 2 are exclusive for professionals.
- Olaplex 3 is the most commonly used at home for deep repair.
- Olaplex 4, 5, 6, and 7 are maintenance products. They are applied after using steps 1, 2, and 3.
Actually, Olaplex 4, Olaplex 5, Olaplex 6, and Olaplex 7 are shampoo, conditioner, intensive leave-in treatment, and repairing leave-in oil, respectively. There aren’t specific instructions for them because they’re for daily use.
But to get the most out of the benefits of Olaplex 3, you have to use it correctly.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections, from forehead to nape and from ear to ear, holding them with hair clips.
- Your hair should be dry and unwashed for at least 48 hours before application.
- Apply a moderate amount to each section of hair. Distribute the product by combing it through the entire surface of the hair fiber.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes and up to a maximum of 120 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with plenty of lukewarm, almost cold water. If you have Olaplex 4 and Olaplex 5 (shampoo and conditioner) use them to wash and condition your hair.
Olaplex has immediate effects on the hair. Whether you apply steps 1 and 2 in the salon, or steps 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 at home.
To take full advantage of Olaplex’s benefits, I advise you to get professional help to apply Olaplex 1 and 2. You’ll notice the difference in your hair fiber health from the first application.
Once you have repaired your hair fiber with Olaplex 1 and 2, extend its effects using Olaplex 3 once a week for 10 to 120 minutes.