- Sweat could ruin the keratin treatment considering your training level and hair care.
- If you exercise almost daily, and you haven’t applied the keratin treatment yet, your best option is to replace the treatment with keratin masks. I’ll tell you later about the best ones.
- Alternatively, if you have already applied the keratin treatment and you don’t want to give up your training, I’ll tell you how you can prevent sweat from becoming keratin’s worst enemy.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How soon can you repeat keratin treatment?
One of the first things I do in the salon when a client asks me for a keratin treatment is I ask her about her lifestyle.
Don’t look at me like that. I don’t mean to gossip.
I ask her because sweat can ruin the keratin treatment. Of course, we are talking about a lot of sweat.
When do you produce a lot of sweat?
When you do physical exercise.
Now, not all workout generates the same sweat intensity.
For example, if you go running every day, you’ll sweat much more than if you do yoga twice a week.
One thing is clear to me. No one can avoid sweating when exercising because it’s the body’s way of expelling salts and toxins through sweat. However, you have to be realistic.
If you have just had the keratin treatment, or you are about to get it, excessive sweating can ruin the treatment during the first 72 hours.
This means that you should NOT do any physical training or sport the first 72 hours after applying the keratin.
No running, no fitness, no spinning or Zumba, no Crossfit.
Do you practice yoga and think you are immune to sweat? Do you think that your keratin treatment isn’t at risk?
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: What shoud I do with my hair after keratin treatment wears off?
I’m sorry to dash your illusions. It’ll depend on the yoga type you practice.
For example, if you practice Bikram yoga, which is indoors and at a constant temperature of 42°C, you’ll sweat almost as if you were running. Therefore, the keratin treatment will be ruined.
On the contrary, if you practice Vinyasa yoga, you’ll sweat less. So, if you take some care, the treatment will be less affected.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can you apply the keratin treatment without using the flat iron or any other heating tools?
Regardless of the physical activity you do and the effort, you shouldn’t perform any type of physical exercise for at least 72 hours.
You should also continue to protect your keratin treatment from the effects of sweat. That’s what I’ll talk to you about next.
Tabla de Contenidos
- If you haven’t already applied your keratin treatment, you can prevent sweat from ruining it by maintaining a healthy diet, washing your hair less often, and cutting back on shampoo and conditioner
- In that case, if you exercise and want the keratin to last longer, keep these tips in mind
- Washing routine after applying the keratin treatment to prevent sweat from ruining your hair
If you haven’t already applied your keratin treatment, you can prevent sweat from ruining it by maintaining a healthy diet, washing your hair less often, and cutting back on shampoo and conditioner
I know what you’re thinking.
What does healthy eating have to do with sweat and keratin?
Much, much more than you think.
Because unbelievably, in addition to toxins, sweat contains fats that you bring to your body through your diet.
If you maintain a healthy diet, the oiliness in your hair will be less than if you eat junk food, fried foods, and chocolates.
Therefore, you’ll wash your hair less, which helps a keratin treatment.
All those toxins are expelled through sweat, which can be very harmful to your Keratin treatment and the health of your hair in general.
So, what are your lifestyle habits?
Is your diet balanced? Do you go to the gym every day?
In that case, I advise you to apply a keratin mask once a week instead of a keratin treatment.
If you work out every day, the sweat will ruin your keratin treatment in no time.
And it’s not worth the investment.
A weekly keratin mask will keep your hair hydrated and nourished. So, you won’t have to worry about sweat.
You can choose any of these masks:
- Blondwood Keratin Hair Mask
- Vitamins Keratin Hair
- Natural Formula Keratin Intense Hair Mask
However, I also know that if you had the idea of getting a keratin treatment, you won’t give up easily.
In that case, if you exercise and want the keratin to last longer, keep these tips in mind
Remember, you’ll still have to modify some of your hair care habits.
Some aren’t very difficult, while others will depend on your willpower.
Let’s start with the hardest but not impossible ones.
- Privilege healthy eating.
Remember the saying, “you are what you eat.” As an athlete, you shouldn’t find it hard to maintain a healthy diet. Especially now, you need to practice sports and apply keratin to your hair. That way, you’ll reduce the chances of sweating.
So, lots of fish, little red meat, and lots of vegetables and fruits.
It brings us to the next point.
- Increase your water intake.
You should drink two liters of water per day at least. This way, you eliminate toxins through urine, and sweat less.
- Every time you do physical activity and sweat excessively, rinse your hair.
However, don’t use shampoo. Before leaving the gym, in the shower just let the water run. This will remove the toxins from sweat in your hair without damaging the keratin.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner only three times a week. Choose the most suitable products.
If you’ve had a keratin treatment, you need to reduce the frequency of washing your hair. In a few moments, I’ll tell you a foolproof routine.
The products you use are also important. Of course, they must have keratin. Here’s a list of the best shampoos and conditioners:
- Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
- Brasilian Blowout Anti Frizz Shampoo
- Keratin Complex Shampoo
- Maple Holistics Silk18 Conditioner
- OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy
- Keranique Volumizing Keratin Conditioner[/su_list]
- Avoid wearing your hair tied up all the time to allow the scalp to air out.
Remember: after applying the keratin to your hair, no physical activity for at least 72 hours.
Now, promises are promises.
Washing routine after applying the keratin treatment to prevent sweat from ruining your hair
Remember that you need to limit washing your hair to three times a week and that you need to use products with Keratin.
What is the secret to this routine?
If you sweat when you do sports, but you don’t want to ruin your hair, you should just rinse your hair some days. Other days, wash it using shampoo and conditioner.
Here’s an example:
- Monday: after exercise, rinse your hair with lukewarm, almost cold water.
- Tuesday: after exercise, wash your hair with keratin shampoo and conditioner.
- Wednesday: after exercise, rinse your hair with water only.
- Thursday: after exercise, rinse your hair with water only.
- Friday: after exercise, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
Of course, this routine is for gym fans.
For example, if you only go to the gym twice a week, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner one day, and rinse your hair the second day.
This way, you’ll remove the sweat and take care of your Keratin treatment without over washing. Also, keep your hair loose for as many hours as possible for the scalp to breathe.
If you practice many sports and tend to sweat, you should know that a keratin treatment can be ruined.
In that case, you have two options: to give up the treatment and apply keratin masks once a week or modify your hair care routine knowing that the treatment may last less time.