- If you have strawberry blonde hair and use purple shampoo, you will achieve ginger-red hair. That’s the lightest red in the red hair color range.
- If you’re looking to keep strawberry blonde hair free of any harsh colors, you’ll want to use red shampoo.
- Use green shampoo if you want your strawberry-blonde hair to turn blonde. It will remove the reddish tone.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Strawberry Blonde Vs Ginger Hair: Which hair color is best for you?
Before you use purple shampoo on strawberry blonde hair, be mindful of what you want to achieve.
Because otherwise, you could ruin your hair color.
Strawberry blonde, a color that some consider very rare, is the lightest of the reds. It’s at the same level as a number 9 blonde (very light blonde), but with a harmonious and soft reddish hue.
Some say strawberry blonde hair is for women who can’t decide whether to dye their hair blonde or red.
And it’s a color that has become extremely fashionable, like ice blonde, polar blonde, amber blonde, or lead blonde. Each of these colors has different shades. And in the case of strawberry blonde, those shades are red and very subtle.
So far, the information is clear. But all these shades of blonde require strict maintenance. After a few washes, harsh colors start to appear.
Are you worried your strawberry blonde hair looks more orange or yellowish after a few washes? DON’T use purple shampoo.
Because all you will do is turn your strawberry-blonde hair orange.
Let’s look at all the options for strawberry-blonde hair.
If you want your strawberry blonde hair to turn redder, use purple shampooHere, the purple shampoo will neutralize the yellow in your strawberry blonde, leaving the red . But don’t panic. Your hair won’t go fire red or dark red.
Your strawberry blonde hair will turn into ginger red hair, which is the lightest shade in the red range.
The purple shampoo contains blue and red pigments. So when you use it, it will deepen the orange tones of your strawberry blonde hair. You’ll achieve an enviable ginger red.
Wash your hair once or twice a week with purple shampoo, leaving it on for two or three minutes. After a few washes, you’ll see your hair has more orange, with a new color: ginger red.
Remember to include sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners in your hair care routine. Toning shampoos don’t add permanent color. Any abrasive products you use will remove the color you added with the purple shampoo.
If you want to keep your strawberry-blonde hair flawless, use red shampooWith each wash, you’ll be adding red pigments that will give your blonde hair a pinkish hue.
But be very careful using red shampoo. Otherwise, if you keep it on too long, use it too often, or use it too much, your hair could turn completely red.
So, you have two options:
- Wash your hair once a week with the red shampoo , leaving it on for one to two minutes.
- Mix a little red shampoo with sulfate-free shampoo to dilute it . Wash your hair with this mixture once a week and leave it on for two to three minutes.
If you’re tired of strawberry blonde hair, you can go back to blonde by using green shampoo
How does this work? Since green is the opposite color to red on the color wheel, after using green shampoo on strawberry blonde hair, your hair will turn ashy blonde.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: How to go from strawberry blonde to blonde – A hairdresser shares 3 options
That is, toning shampoos, both green and purple, don’t lighten or darken your hair color. So in this case, the green shampoo will just remove the reddish hue from your strawberry-blonde hair.
How about some tips?
- Use green shampoo on your strawberry blonde hair once or twice a week.
- Leave it on for a maximum of three minutes.
- Once the reddish hue is gone from your strawberry blonde hair , continue to use the green shampoo once every two weeks to maintain the color. If reddish tones appear before two weeks, use the shampoo twice weekly.
- Don’t forget to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners and to protect your hair with heat protectant every time you use a hair dryer or straightener.
Now you know which toning shampoo to use on your strawberry blonde hair. It depends on what color you want to achieve. Purple shampoo on strawberry blonde hair will only turn it ginger-red. If that’s what you’re looking for, go for it!